It's once again time for our stitch-along, and this is the last one! In case you missed it, I announced four weeks ago that we would be doing a Christmasy plastic canvas stitch along! It will be a pattern given out in four parts, one a week for four weeks. All of the required materials for the entire project are posted on that announcement page I linked to, so if you want to join us, click on that to see what you'll need to finish the entire project. If you can't get started right away, I'll post the pattern in its entirety at the end of the stitch-along so that you can do it at your leisure!
Week #1: Snowman Body
Week #2: Hat and Carrot
Week #3: Scarf and Holly Leaves
Cheery Snowman Wall Hanging Week #4
- All stitched pieces from previous weeks
- Hot glue
- 18 Gauge black craft wire
- Wire cutters
- Two sets of needle nose pliers
- Six 7mm red pompoms
- Eleven 8mm black beads
- Black sewing thread
- Sewing needle
- Black craft cord
Instructions:1. To make the arms, cut six 7-inch pieces of black craft wire. Use three pieces of wire per arm. Use one pair of pliers to hold three wires 1/2 inch from the end, as shown:
2. Use the second set of pliers to begin twisting the wires, as below:
3. Continue twisting until you are left with 1/2 inch of untwisted wire on both ends, like in the picture below:
4. Repeat for second arm; set arms aside.
5. Attach the black beads to the snowman body using the black sewing thread and sewing needle according to the graph at the end of the instructions.
6. Using the hot glue, attach the scarf, hat, carrot nose, holly leaves, and red pompoms. Use the picture above and the close up shot below as a guide.
7. Bend the arms to form the shapes in the picture below, and attach as shown using hot glue. To make sure arms don't detach in the future, be sure that the hot glue goes all the way around the wire by adding a little on top and smearing it to the sides.
8. Cut a 4 inch piece of craft cord. Use hot glue to attach the cord to the back of the snowman, using the graph below as a guide. ♥
Click the images above to see them larger.
You may share this pattern however you please as long as you don't alter it or claim it as your own. Please link back if you share this pattern. You may sell items made from this pattern. However, you may not sell this pattern.
Congrats! You now have a finished snowman wall hanging to decorate your home with or to give away as a fun Christmas present! I hope you enjoyed our Cheery Snowman Stitch-Along as much as I did! Check back next week if you want the whole pattern put together as a PDF. Have a great weekend everyone!