So to kick off this lovely month, I decided this week's pattern should be something holiday related that will definitely come in handy. If you're anything like me, you love to make your Christmas packages a beautiful piece of holiday art that makes the receiver feel extra special. I usually go all out on curly ribbon and color coordinated bows, and sometimes I add extras like a small handmade ornament or a pretty candy cane.
Something I never thought too much about was the tag. Usually I just stick a little sticker on the wrapping paper and call it a day, or sometimes I'll make one out of a small piece of folded card stock. But then it hit me; wouldn't a handmade tag really finish the package and make is super special? Just that little extra to make everyone smile. And the great thing about these tags is that they're reusable!
Charming Christmas Tag
Size:2 x 3 ½ inches
- 7-count plastic canvas
- Red Heart Holiday yarn in colors listed in key
- White card stock
- #16 plastic canvas needle
- Cut and stitch plastic canvas according to graphs.
- On front piece, overcast large inside edge with White yarn. Holding front and back piece together, whipstitch the string hole with White.
- Starting at one corner and working up to the pointed part and back down to the other corner, whipstitch the outside edges together with an alternating whipstitch of Red and Green. Use an alternating overcast stitch to finish each side of the bottom edge (when you're done, you should be able to open the bottom).
- Cut out a 1 ⅜ x 2 ½ inch rectangle from the white card stock. Round the corners slightly to make inserting it easier. Write your message onto the card stock, then carefully slide it into the tag from the bottom. Put a string through the hole in the top and attach it to your package. Merry Christmas! ♥
I feel like I still have so much Christmas stuff to do, even though if I really think about it, I'm just about done for the season! Do you ever feel like that? Does it drive you crazy too? Hope you all have a great weekend!